Base Realignment and Closure Division (DAIM-ODB)
Implement BRAC 2005 by Sept 2011, while maintaining the well-being of Army Soldiers, civilians and their families, and considering impacts to the Army's primary mission and to local communities. Convey excess / surplus property to the appropriate recipient in accordance with mutually accepted reuse standards.
Remain the world class executors and program managers of all BRAC rounds through web based, auditable and transparent tracking of costs and savings, while being good stewards of taxpayers' dollars and responsive to Army leadership.
Major specific functions of ODB include: installation realignments and closures, property disposal and environmental restoration.
- Industrial Branch is responsible for BRAC 2005 Industrial sites and R&D sites, TRADOC, some NCR and AMC Legacy BRAC and some non BRAC excess property sites. Industrial Branch coordinates Department level actions such as construction, unit moves, and base closure.
- Operational Army & Medical Branch is responsible for BRAC 2005 Operational Army sites, FORSCOM, some NCR & AMC Legacy BRAC and some non BRAC excess property sites. Operational Army & Medical Branch coordinates Department level actions such as construction, unit moves, and base closure and manages transfer of real property.
- Reserve Components Branch is responsible for Reserve Components and Joint Operations sites. Reserve Components Branch coordinates Department level actions such as construction, unit moves, and base closure and manages transfer of closing properties.
- Consolidations Branch is responsible for BRAC 2005 Education/Training and HQ & Support sites. Consolidations Branch coordinates Department level actions such as construction and unit moves.
- Resource Management Branch is responsible for financial oversight and management of BRAC resources, program and budget development of BRAC requirements, allocation of BRAC resources to fund Business Plans and priority requirements, and analysis of program and financial execution to maximize resource utilization.
- Staff and Services Branch is responsible for policy, procedures, Environmental policy and reporting, MILCON/AAA support, disposal tracking, contract management, information technology, reporting integration, communications, and training.
- Disposal Team is responsible for integration and coordination of all BRAC disposal efforts to include strategic property disposal planning and prioritization, development of environmental clean-up strategies for like re-use and oversight of BRAC real estate actions undertaken by the USACE and the GSA.