Technology & Initiatives Branch
The Technology &Initiatives Branch focuses on offering a single integration point for technical solutions development. It is responsible for the assessment and integration of information technology which supports the Installation Management Strategic Business Objectives. The Technology & Initiatives Branch has significant impacts throughout all stages of the IT solutions development process.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and the key dimensions of business requirements that drive technology change.
- Perform information technology opportunity assessment. Assess and define Directorates IT needs with Directorate staff to identify and shape opportunities for new IT solutions.
- Support the evaluation and identification of viable technology options for consideration as part of the analysis of alternatives (AoA) for information technology.
- Provide leadership in the development of value-driven technology strategies, methods, practices, and standards. Align and integrate business and technology strategies.
- Define and manage the IT roadmap.
- Proactively identify new technologies to be used by the installation management community, working with the by working with the Enterprise Architecture, Strategy and Operations team
- Proactively identify possible areas of improvement with IT to improve service delivery
- Coordinate with subject matter experts within the installation management community to assess new technologies
- Perform industry watches to identify technology and business trends
- Coordinate with people in the IT industry to identify trends in the industry
- Perform technology assessment on new technologies to determine their applicability and value to the organization
- Provide direction and scope to align technology with the organization’s strategy, priorities, and business needs
- Generate ideas and define new concepts to fulfill future installation management IT requirements
- Provide communication to the installation management community to help shape and guide initial thinking from initial idea into a project proposal
- Provide expert advice to the installation management community on an on-going basis to help shape IT need