Carla K. Coulson
Director, Installation Services Directorate
Ms. Carla K. Coulson was selected for the Senior Executive Service in June 2013. She serves as the Director, Installation Services in the Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Installation Management. In this capacity she develops and oversees Army-wide policies and strategies for a host of installation services of great importance to Soldiers, Families, and civilians, including but not limited to, Soldier and Family Readiness, Housing and Barracks, Logistics, Environmental, and Privatization and Partnership programs.
- Nov 2011-Jun 2013: Director, Installation Management, Installation Support Directorate, Defense Logistics Agency, Fort Belvoir, VA
- Dec 2008-Nov 2011: Assistant for Construction, Offices of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Installations, Housing and Partnerships) and the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Installations, Energy and the Environment), Headquarters, Department of the Army, Washington, D.C.
- Jun 2007-Dec 2008: Director (term SES appointment), Defense Media Activity, Transition Team, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs, Washington, D.C.
- Nov 2005-Jun 2007: Assistant for Installation Planning, Offices of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Installations and Housing) and the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Installations and Environment), Headquarters, Department of the Army, Washington, D.C.
- May 2003-Oct 2005: Deputy Director, Headquarters and Support Activities Joint Cross Service Group for BRAC 2005, Army G-8, Washington, D.C.
- Jul 2001-May 2003: Deputy Director, Facilities and Housing, Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Installation Management, Headquarters, Department of the Army, Washington, D.C.
- Aug 2000-Jun 2001: Student, Canadian Forces College, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Oct 1999-Aug 2000: Deputy Division Commander, Southwestern Division, Army Corps of Engineers, Dallas, TX
- Jul 1977-Oct 1999: Served in a wide variety of other command and support positions as an Army Engineer Officer, retiring from the Army as a Colonel in Dec 2005
- Masters of Civil Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 1986
- Bachelor of Science (biology/chemistry) (Magna Cum Laude), Salem College. Salem, WV, 1976
- National Security Studies Course, Canadian Forces College (War College eqv), Toronto, ON, 2001
- Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, KS, 1992
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT), North Carolina
Awards and Honors:
- Defense Logistics Agency Superior Civilian Service Award (2013)
- Civilian Meritorious Service Award (2011)
- Defense Award for Exceptional Civilian Service (2008)
- Defense Superior Service Medal (2005)
- Legion of Merit (4 awards)
- Meritorious Service Medal (6 awards)
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- Army Engineer Association